I'm still always open and searching of people to RP with, and hopefully this journal will be descriptive enough for what I look for in another roleplayer. It's a bit long, but if you're looking for someone who has extensive experience with RPing and also has long and descriptive responses, you're in the right place. Everything anyone would have to know is right here, but if you want to know what I RP before even caring about the rules and whatnot, scroll down. But I do want whoever wishes to start one to read everything. It will take less than five minutes, I assure you.
Rules n stuff
1. Read everything below before commenting/noting/whatever pleeeease.
2. No god-moding please. Or unstoppable, unrealistic characters that can dodge missiles or take them to the face and not die. You’re not Garrus or Alucard, so chill. It’s only fair to keep things realistic and well— fair. Highly skilled, intelligent, and powerful OCs are fine, but they cannot be godlike. They need to be realistic and human. That means they have faults.
3. I prefer responses that are least a a few paragraphs long, good grammar/sentence structure, and no strictly dialogue/action response. I RP in descriptive, paragraph form, and do not wish to do any other format. Anything over 2-3 paragraphs are expected, yet these are the minimum. If you wish to write 10 then by all means go for it, I usually do my very best at matching the length of whoever I’m responding to and tend to match up to their length on the dot.
4. (( When talking out of character/rp I will use brackets like this. Please use them too so no one gets confused. ))
5. No taking over my characters, since I will not with yours. You are RPing with yours, I am with mine. It will only be that, yet you and I can control other characters such as side ones, or “NPCs”. Just no taking over each other’s main one.
6. I’m fine with any type or genre of RP, yet if you wish to start or steer of with something else (such as changing or tweaking the plot, wanting to do a shipping or romance, change characters etc.) just run it by me. Yet I prefer to plan things before starting, I don’t mind if you change your mind and wish to change something.
7. I do swear a lot in them. If you do want that, or anything else to happen in the RP, please mention this beforehand. I won’t deal with people who get offended by something I do when they didn't warn me in the first place. Espically some characters or OC I write as, they may say some pretty offensive stuff if you do find certain things rude and such.
8. I usually use my own OCs with RPing, but will use canon characters as my main if needed. I also control some canon characters yet they are only side ones.
9. I won’t go straight into a romance/relationship with characters. There has to be a realistic build up in character development between the two, have been familiar with each other for a while and actually form a bond. I never do smut genre RPs, so that’s out of the question. Although I do have mature scenes in my RPs, yet only once what I explained has happened. Obviously that being said, no fuck buddies or one night stand type things. It’s just not how I do romance RPs.
10. And finally, please develop a strong and thought out plot line with me beforehand. It doesn't need to be THAT thought out, but I do want an idea where the RP will be going.
Times I’m online and will be likely to reply to posts
I’m in EST time. (I live Detroit, Michigan in the U.S. )
Depending on when I work it varies. I tend to work five hour days, which will be 9:30am-3pm until Christmas, and after I will be working 2pm-7pm(if my schedule stays this way, that is. I only know it two weeks in advanced). Although I tend to keep an eye on dA when I can. If I'm not on my computer I will check on my phone, and if I have a response I will read over it and figure out a response for when I am home. I tend to be on my computer everyday though, days I don't work I will be on possibly around 11am or so, days I do work it will be around 3:30-4:30pm. I am on my pc at least once a day though, even if for a few minutes.
Like said above, I prefer long, descriptive, paragraph length responses. 2-4 is the ideal length, and 1 paragraph(five to six sentences) is the least(yet not preferred). There’s no max limit on how long you make your response and I will mold my responses to the length of yours to keep the plot and story consistent, and also keep things fair. I will put in the same effort as you, so if you start to get lazy I won't keep up my extensive responses. I use introspective, retrospective, inner thoughts, descriptive actions and realistic speech patterns in my responses, much like actual novels and books(I guess). Script like responses are a huge no no. I stay in third person as well.
What do I rp?
1. I RP fantasy/mythology, adventure/action, romance, apocalyptic, medieval/renaissance, steam punk, Victorian, modern-day, sci-fi/futuristic and in fandoms as well. I also include many fight scenes, gore, violence, mature scenes, romances/pairings, deaths, injuries and so on.
2. I’m fine with pairings, yet I do apologize to keep any involving my chosen character hetero.
3. I usually RP in fandoms, but will do ones out of them too. I have many OCs and can adjust them to accordingly fit into the RP. Yet those OC's can be used outside of them as well.
4. My OC’s are all human and humanoid, which means no animal like RPs please.
Characters I have
I have many OCs and characters I can use for any type of RP. Mostly human or elf, some demon, vampire or amalgam like people. I have many references of all my OCs on here, and depending on what kind of RP I do, I will tweak them to fit in it more. I can provide you with a descriptive bio and drawing of their appearance on any OC I use.
Through notes preferably. Although I can on Skype as well, I do not often. I also have a tumblr blog for RPing > the-hands-that-bleed
Realistic characters in body/mind/way of carrying self
Faults and drama(not over the top, Soap Opera like shit tho)
Blood, lots of gore and descriptive scenes
Strictly fetish/hentai/NSFW RPs (I do not RP for this content, I RP for story progression, in fact I don't do these at all)
Fetishes in general
OCs or characters thrown in that don't fit the universe
Controlling my character
Changing the world to make it how you want it half way through
Randomly ending the RP without telling me
Non human characters as your main
Half human half creature like characters (it's fine if they're humanoid like people, but I prefer to stay with something I'm fully familiar with)
Fandoms I like for possible ideas
Attack on Titan
Avatar the Last Airbender
Eden of the East
Elder Scrolls (Oblivion or Skyrim)
Kimi ni Todoke
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
The Last of Us
Legend of Korra
Ouran High School Host Club
Red Dead Redemption
Rune Factory 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Two Worlds 2
The Walking Dead (show)
Welcome to the N.H.K.